Tuesday, June 23, 2009

*Being Nocturnal

One of the things that most people do not realize about vampires is that, yeah we are nocturnal, but we also have to get sleep too. However, the world demands that we get up at around 6am (for me) just like everyone else, when we would love to be sleeping instead. Being nocturnal means that our bodies do not want to sleep until around 3 or 4 in the morning, but we still need to get just as much sleep as everyone else in the world. This can be a real problem, especially when in High School, like me. Also, it gets sooo hard when parents are constantly telling you that "you need more sleep!" "rest" assured that our bodies do want to sleep just as much as everyone else's, but it really does not help telling us that we need to get to bed earlier. Most of us know that we have to....but we just can't seem to do it though. What this means for me, is small one to two hour naps after school, or if it is summer (like now) sleeping in late! But this tends to mean that we have to deal with more complaints about our sleeping habits. Seriously people! It's like this, if you tell someone who has an annoying habit, that even they don't like, that they have to kick it; it is not going to do much good. It will only serve to irritate them and make them pull away from whoever is criticizing them. Also, what all of this means (for me anyway) is that i get super hyper at around 1-ish. Seriously, that is when i do things to keep myself busy (ie. chores). I actually fold laundry. I would do other useful things around the house, but it would probably wake my parents up if I started vacuuming at 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment